May 26, 2016
Instant loading of “New” popups
- Anytime you add anything new, for example a new task or new event or new time entry, it will now open instantly instead of taking 2 seconds to load, saving you even more time and helping you work even faster!
May 24, 2016
Various updates from support forum feature requests
- You spoke, and we listened. Thank you to everyone who continues to submit feature requests to help you work faster.
- If you set your task priorities to Low or High, you will see a down arrow (for low) and an exclamation point (for high) when viewing your tasks from the task list or sidebar.
- When using document templates, you can upload .docx files and we prevented other file types from being used to prevent errors.
- Non-text custom fields are now searchable from the top left search box.
- Internal notes in the feed are now searchable from the top left search box for improved conflict check.
May 22, 2016
Added Box.com files tab to the client portal
- Now your clients can login to their Box.com account directly from their client portal to see all the files you shared with them.
- Right click on any file or folder in Box.com, and share it with your client. When they login to their client portal, they will see the files or folders shared with them.
May 20, 2016
Disable emails or files from syncing for certain contacts
- Due to popular demand, many of you wanted to only see the contacts in your email inbox labels that were clients. Now you can!
- The same applies for showing only contacts you want have folders with your Box.com document management integration.
- Simply edit the contact, and at the bottom click on “Sync Settings”.
May 18, 2016
Hide financial summary boxes from employees
- Hide the big green, red, and orange boxes on the dashboard that shows the financial summary of how much money was paid, is owed, and is billable.
- Hide the total payments received on the Payments page.
- Edit or create a user security role from here, and check the box to “Hide financial summary”.
May 16, 2016
Group custom fields by project type
- Do you work with tons of custom fields that pertain only to certain projects? Do you only want to see the custom fields for a certain project?
- Now you can group your custom fields by project type to show only the group that relates to the project.
- To access this new setting, go to your Settings, select Custom Fields, and it will appear on the top tab called “Groups”.
May 14, 2016
Default payment due dates.
- When generating invoices, you used to have to change the default due date each time. Now you’re getting more flexibility with 2 new default options!
- Option 1 – Automatically set the default due date to any number of days after the invoice was created.
- Option 2 – Set the due date on a certain day of this or next month (so all invoices can be due on the 1st or 30th of this or next month for example)
May 12, 2016
Improved batch invoicing.
- When using batch invoicing to create multiple invoices in 1 click for multiple clients, you will now have the option to automatically send all invoices to all your customers by email.
- You will also have the option to print all invoices in 1 click, saving you time from printing each individual invoice if you want to proof-read or mail them out.
- To access these new settings, simply create a new batch invoice, and it will be on the last step of the batch invoice wizard.
May 07, 2016
Round time entries by 6 or 10 minute increments.
- Now you can round time entries to the nearest fraction of the hour.
- For example, round up to the nearest 0.1 fraction of the hour, and all your time entries will be rounded up by 6 minute increments. Need to bill for 3 minutes? It can automatically round up to 6 minutes to keep your billing coherent across your entire company.
- Go to your Settings and it will be on the bottom of the first page under your Personal Settings below your Hourly Rate.
May 01, 2016
Edit your default invoice settings.
- Each time you create a new invoice, you can choose to accept an online payment for this invoice, accept a full or partial payment, and many more options.
- Now, you can go to your Settings page and click on Invoice Settings to set the defaults for each time you create a new invoice, saving you time creating each new invoice.
April 28, 2016
New improved icons throughout the software.
- Instantly recognize which page you’re on with our new and improved icons.
- New icons make it easier to find what you’re looking for without having to read the help text underneath.
April 24, 2016
New sidebar on the right of every page.
- We wanted to make it easier and faster to access the most important information you use every day.
- Now you have instant access to your calendar, daily agenda, upcoming tasks and events, and your timer to log new time entries.
- We’ve also added the ability to see any recent contacts or projects you’ve been working on, so you can pull them up right away without having to search.
- Expand or collapse the sidebar and it will remember your preference when you go to another page.
April 22, 2016
PracticePanther launches full design update for working faster.
- We’ve completely overhauled the entire design of the software to make it even easier to get your work done even faster. We hired expert UI/UX designers to help us make sure the software has the same look and feel, but with a much easier and more intuitive design.
- See the most important information on the top of every New screen.
- Major usability improvements across every page designed to pop out the most obvious buttons.
April 17, 2016
Faster access to your most important action buttons.
- When you’re inside of any contact or project, you can now click on any tab and will have the “New” buttons on the top left of every tab.
- Enjoy faster access to your most important actions you use every day, like creating new time entries, expenses, invoices, payments, and more.
April 09, 2016
Import contacts, companies, projects, and more!
- New and improved import wizard has been launched. Now everyone can switch over from their existing software with ease.
- Now you can import custom fields, multiple contacts per company, project names and multiple projects per client, previous balances, operating account balances, and much more.
- Ability to import large files and have it send you an email when finished.
April 03, 2016
Design your own invoice theme with custom CSS!
- Choose from our 6 beautiful invoice templates or design your own!
- Go to your settings and edit the invoice settings. Click “More Options” and scroll to the bottom. You will now see a box for custom CSS where you can fully customize the look of your invoice. Customize the font, font sizes, colors, and much more.
March 27, 2016
Added flat fees to invoices. Summarize fees, time, and expenses on invoices.
- Instead of only having a table for Time Entries and Expenses, you now have a table for Flat Fees as well.
- Added the ability to show your clients a summary of all time entries, all expenses, and all flat fees as a summary on the bottom of the invoice.
March 22, 2016
New improved tutorials.
- When first signing up to the software, you can view every feature to learn everything PracticePanther has to offer. Use some of them, or all of them!
- Have a question? Check out our updated support forum with detailed screenshots and sometimes even quick 30 second videos.
March 16, 2016
Faster navigation to any new action.
- We dramatically increased the speed to creating anything new like a new client, project, time entry, expense, invoice, or anything else.
- Instead of re-loading every page, every new action will now load in an instant frame, significantly speeding up the time to add new data.
March 10, 2016
Nicer invoices in PDF format.
- When you export a PDF to an invoice, it will now show the column headers again on the top of the second page when printing and exporting as a PDF.
- Fixed minor issues with text getting cut off and formatting issues with some invoice templates.
- PDFs now download up to 60% faster.
March 03, 2016
A new way to keep track of notes.
- Instead of using the internal notes section at the bottom of any contact or project, you can now add a new note which will show up in it’s own tab for any contact or project.
- Notes can be as long as you want.
February 28, 2016
Emoticons, clickable links, and faster tags.
- Send emoticons in the internal chat. Added support to make all links clickable in the internal chat between you and your team.
- When creating a new contact or project, you can now add tags/lists before clicking Save, speeding up the process and saving you an extra step.
February 25, 2016
Updated user interface for iPhone and Android app.
- A much cleaner look when viewing all grids and tables of data on the iPhone or iPad app.
- Upgraded and cleaner design when viewing a Contact or project (the tabs now form in a row straight own instead of left and right).
February 24, 2016
Upgraded security for multiple users on same account.
- Added a new security measure to prevent unauthorized access to your account and protect your data. If another computer logs into the same account, the original computer will get logged out (so you know someone else is using your account).
- Many users shared their account with their staff, causing a lot of data issues. If they were editing the same contact or project, and the user made a change, but then the employee made a change after, only the users change would be saved. To prevent this from happening, and as a cyber-security best practice, only one computer can be logged into one account.
February 22, 2016
Add one payment that applies to multiple invoices.
- When making a new payment, simply select the contact, then you can either add a retainer or pay an invoice.
- If you add a retainer, it will add it to the Contact page (not the project page).
February 20, 2016
Bill multiple projects on one invoice..
- When generating an invoice for the same client, it will ask you which projects you want to create an invoice for.
- Select as many projects for the same client and generate one invoice in one click. Easy!
- If you add a retainer, it will deposit funds to the operating account on the contact level which can be used to pay any invoice on any project. The amount paid and balances will be reflected on the contact page and not on the project page.
February 14, 2016
Secure messaging update.
- Re-designed secure messaging interface to make it easier for clients to view the history of your conversation with them.
- Made the messages full-width to read more on the screen.
- Added HTML support to include text formatting like bold, underline, bullet points, etc…
February 12, 2016
Custom project rates by user or role.
- When creating new projects, you can now create a custom hourly rate for each user for this specific project.
- For example, if the senior partner normally charges $500/hour and the paralegal charges $150/hour, you can lower or raise their rates JUST for this 1 project.
- Create custom project rates by security role. This will allow you to group multiple users into one security role and change their hourly rates together for this 1 project. For example, if all your paralegals are under the same security role, you can increase or decrease all of their rates for this 1 project..