In this video tutorial, we show you how to use “Custom Fields” to help customize the software around your business. Once logged in, click on your name on the top right, select “Settings”, then click “Custom Fields”, or simply click here.
P.S. If you can’t view the video, click here.
- Custom fields are one of the most important features to customize the software to your business.
- You have 3 different options: Client, Contact, and Project Fields
- The Client Fields is for adding a field related to the overall company. For example, you might want to add a field for “Company Location” or “Industry”.
- Contact Fields is for anything you want to keep track of regarding the individual contact such as their Birthdate, Job Title, or LinkedIn profile.
- Project Fields is very important. Whenever you have a job or project for a client, you always want to create a Project so you can keep track of all your notes, calls, invoices, and files in your digital folder. Many people will usually create “Client Fields” for this but it really should be in “Project Fields” so you can keep track of every job separately. This may be Project Budget and Due Date, or if you’re in the event industry you might want to have the event location and start and end times.
- By clicking “New”, you can select different types of custom fields:
- Currency will let you add a dollar amount for example a budget
- Date is for a birthdate for example.
- Date & Time lets you select both the date and time
- Drop down list lets you add a list of options to choose from each time
- Number is just for numbers, no text
- Text box is just for one line of text
- Text editor is for a large text box with the option of selecting Bold, Underline, Italicize, add a link or image
- If you added a custom field for “Client”, you can click “New” and then “Client” to see it on the top of the page. If you added a custom field for “Contact”, it will be right underneath the contacts information.
- If you added a custom field for “Projects”, you can click “New” and then Project and it will be at the very bottom. Once again, using Projects is the best way to manage your jobs if you’re a service professional, or manage your matters and cases if you’re an attorney, or manage gigs and events if you’re in the event & entertainment industry.
- If you have any questions or need any help, you can submit a support request by clicking “Support” and selecting “Submit a support request”. Enjoy!