Why a Time Tracking Spreadsheet in Excel is better than one in Microsoft Word
While Microsoft Word is excellent for designing custom invoice templates, when it comes to tracking time, an Excel spreadsheet is far more effective at calculating your hours. Here are just a few reasons why Excel is preferred over Microsoft Word when it comes to keeping track of your hours worked.
- Excel automatically calculates time entries and populates the field for total hours worked
- Input your hours worked for the day and the rate you charge per hour, then Excel calculates your total billable amount
- You also have the choice to manually adjust your entries
- You can export your Excel spreadsheet as a PDF to send to clients
Why PayPanther is better than Excel for Tracking your Time
Excel spreadsheets are helpful for calculating the number of hours you’ve worked. But, let’s face it, when it comes to the modern age, it’s all about convenience. Excel spreadsheets are stored on your computer and you need a device with the software installed on it in order to track your time. It’s not optimal for the on-the-go lifestyle. You need something easy to use, that you can access anywhere at any time.
- Use PayPanther with all operating systems (Mac or PC)
- Fully compatible with any web browser (Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, or Firefox)
- Works with all smartphones and tablets
- You can access your data or track your time at any time from any where
- Set your hourly rate and let PayPanther do the calculations
- Bill clients accurately the time you’ve worked
- Forgot to click the “Start” button? Simply input your hours manually.
- PayPanther even generates reports for you to see how you’ve spent your time
Don’t waste time on the little things. Not only can you manage your time more effectively, but you can also organize time according to project or client, create and send invoices directly to clients, and get detailed analytical breakdowns of your time with PayPanther’s custom reports. Boost your efficiency and grow your business. Leave it to PayPanther.
Download this free time tracking timesheet for Excel and get more out of your time.