- Company Name & Slogan: J. Ward Design Studio
- Location: Ridgeland, Mississippi
- What does your company do? We are a graphic design company specializing in print marketing and wedding stationery.
- How did your company start and how did it grow? Owner Jennifer Ward designed an obituary in 2007 which rekindled her childhood creative juices. With a natural artistic ability, she began studying design software and researching paper sources. She’d go on to create different projects for small businesses and baby shower and birthday party invitations for friends and family until 2009 when she was asked to participate in a bridal show. After doing miserably at the bridal show (she had NO bridal stationery examples at her booth) and strongly resisting weddings in general, she took another shot at the bridal show in 2010 and got amazing feedback. That is when J. Ward Design Studio was born. From there, she began collaborating with other wedding professionals, not only offering stationery for their brides, but also marking materials for their company. As a soloprenuer, J. Ward Design Studio has grown to secure clients all over the country through partnerships and collaborations. Our personal approach to design is what transforms 1st time clients into loyal regular customers.
- How did you do things before PayPanther and how has PayPanther helped today? Before PayPanther we used various software for notes, organization and invoices. Now we have all that in one program!
- What is your favorite thing about PayPanther? PayPanther seems to be my solution to project management. I can see what projects I’m currently working on, what tasks need to be done with each one and how much is owed on said project.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other business owners in your industry? Get organized early! Create a good, stable foundation and structure process for how you take jobs to keep up with deadlines and clients. Under promise and over deliver.