- Company Name & Slogan: Media Academica – Smart Videos for Smart People
- Location: Ann Arbor, MI
- What does your company do? Specializing in creative web videos and animations, Media Academica uses live action video, animation and post-production effects to create memorable and concise visual narratives. We provide individual services or full production services, collaborating with clients from concept to delivery and producing work that is innovative yet accessible to your targeted audience.
- How did your company start and how did it grow? Media Academica began in 2011 with the intention of supplying video and animation production to universities, academia, scientific and technology sectors. While Media Academica is still an expert in those areas, it has broaden it’s services to medical, athletic, and many more industries.
- How did you do things before PayPanther and how has PayPanther helped today? Before Paypanther, as a single member LLC, I would keep track of my time by writing my hours down on a scrap piece of paper I kept with each project notebook and every once in a while, then laboriously enter the times into a spreadsheet. Needless to say, the times rarely made it to the spreadsheet. Paypanther makes it very easy and accessible to start and stop the time watch as well as enter past hours for each project.
- What is your favorite thing about PayPanther? Part of my desire for some time keeping software was to see how much time I spent on storyboarding versus animating versus meetings, etc. With PayPanther, I can check out the reports section on my time entries and search “storyboarding” or “animating” and see how many hours I spent on each activity.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other business owners in your industry? My one piece of advice to other business owners in my industry is that they should take the time to create storyboards or if not drawn out storyboards, at least detailed descriptions of how each scene will look. It will save you a lot of time in the long run to have a plan, not to mention, something that your client can sign off on before you end up having a disagreement about how a video or animation should have looked.
Follow Media Academica: