- Company Name & Slogan: Highlightz Event Center
- Location: 454 Cambridge Street in Historic Fredericksburg, Virginia in Stafford County 22405, Boyhood home of George Washington.
- What does your company do? Highlightz is the one stop shop that delivers all of your special occasion essentials and is a full-service restaurant with three specialized chefs and a full ABC license. Highlightz Event Center offers on-site event planning, catering, DJ services, photography services and more. This charming venue provides the convenience that is every brides dream. Whether hosting the company holiday event of the year or having the wedding you’ve always envisioned- you’ve made the right choice!
- How did your company start and how did it grow? The president and CEO of Highlightz has been in the food service industry for a combined total of 50 years of experience. Prior to opening Highlightz, the president owned his own, fully-loaded mobile kitchen, however, his vision was to own a “Supper Club”. In time, the president of Highlightz Event Center met a group of like-minded individuals who were able to come together and collaborate on how they could successfully open a venue and entertainment center in the Fredericksburg/Stafford area. Highlightz was founded in February of 2013 and officially running as an independent LLC in May of 2013. Now, we are host to the congregations of New Birth Ministries and Life Empowerment Ministries every Sunday and are host to multiple events throughout the year. Highlightz has an elegant 2500 sq. ft. ballroom and a spacious outdoor area to host beautiful spring, fall, and summer events. Highlightz Event Center believes that each customer is special and that their event is our top priority. It is our sincere desire to create an occasion that will be cherished forever. Highlightz also prides its self on providing quality entertainment productions making us Fredericksburg’s first “Eventertainment” Center. Highlightz hosts their own comedy show every 1st and 3rd Friday of each month and has cabarets and dinner theaters.
- How did you do things before PayPanther and how has PayPanther helped today? Before PayPanther our administrative assistant had made an efficient and stylish invoice/quote, and with the help of the managers, would have to literally stay on top of each client’s information. All of our files were paper and it was difficult to not let a client slip through the cracks, every now and then. However, since PayPanther we have been able to enter our clients directly into the automated system, create invoices/quotes easily by entering the items and prices before hand. Using the custom fields to enter specifics about our type of clients and mark them as active, prospect or inactive; makes the automated system easy to organize. This is a great tool for any business to help stay on top of clients and keep track of how much the business is making.
- What is your favorite thing about PayPanther? Our favorite thing about PayPanther is the awesome customer service! When we need help, advice or have a suggestion; the PayPanther employees are always right there to help. Especially, our account manager David who always makes sure that we are happy and well taken care of.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other business owners in your industry? One piece of advice that we would like to offer to other startup companies, especially event centers, is to have an automated system in place to help take care of clients! PayPanther has helped us to make things more organized and will help you also.