- Company Name & Slogan: Friendship Circle of Miami Beach and North Dade
- Location: Miami Beach, Florida, USA
- What does your company do? The Friendship Circle engages children and teens with special needs through a full range of programs and experiences and supports parents and members with much needed respite and support. Additionally, Friendship Circle connects teenage volunteers, children with special needs, and their families to the Jewish community through educational and social opportunities.
- How did your company start and how did it grow? Originally founded by the Jewish Chabad movement, Friendship Circle Miami and North Dade is an independent 501(C)(3) organization that has been helping children and young adults with special needs since 1994. At Friendship Circle, we recognize that children with special needs often lack the gift of friendship. By pairing these children with Jewish teenage volunteers, we provide them with friends, a place in the community, and the opportunity to simply “hang out”. Friendship Circle has had a powerfully positive impact on those with special needs in a way that parents and schools are unable to deliver.Since beginning this branch of Friendship Circle in 2009, we have been able to assist over 60 children with special needs, and have recruited over 150 high school volunteers. Through various social media and networking outlets we have been able to grow our Friendship Circle network exponentially and, with the help of PayPanther, hope to continue growing and raising awareness for our cause for years to come.
- How did you do things before PayPanther and how has PayPanther helped today? Our branch used various tools and websites to complete our mission. We had one software that we used to store and organize all of our members and volunteers, and used a completely different website to communicate and email those same members. Aside from this, we also used a separate website to send invoices and donation requests to members, all of which provided for a highly unorganized system. PayPanther has helped us organize and keep track of all our members, payments, and emails in one convenient location.
- What is your favorite thing about PayPanther? Since PayPanther is an online software, we are finally able to access our database from anywhere in the world- a great asset for any business or non-profit.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other business owners in your industry? To use PayPanther in conjunction with various social media outlets to effectively keep track of all programs, members, volunteers, and more. PayPanther’s option to add custom fields to each contact allows any non-profit organization to tailor their website to their own needs, which is hard to find among other business-centered software’s.
Follow Friendship Circle: