- Company Name & Slogan: Deleone Downes Professional Writing Services
- Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- What does your company do? I write, edit, and proofread website content. As well, I sometimes work on business plans. I also conduct website management/development, manage both social media profiles and email marketing campaigns. I am creating several research blog projects which I hope to launch between December 2015 and December 2016.
- How did your company start and how did it grow? D. Downes Professional Writing Services started in late-2014. I had spent about 2 years working in the legal field in an administrative role. I liked the work I was doing, but I don’t think that I loved it, at least not in the capacity that I was permitted to experience it. It sounds cliché, but I wanted more variety and balance in my life, so I decided to take up writing again. I volunteered with companies around the Greater Toronto Area. This volunteer experience, after I decided to leave legal and make a go at writing professionally, helped me land a couple of roles with well-known and well-respected organizations. I applied to a position in late-2014 and the owner of the organization, asked me if I had ever considered starting my own business. He helped me with my business plan, and both website and business card ideas. He even gave me several opportunities for business development via working on several of his projects.
- How did you do things before PayPanther and how has PayPanther helped today? Before PayPanther, I was using several different software programs to manage my time, my finances, my projects, and my freelance writing business, overall. This was very frustrating for me, as all of the programs each had something that I needed and wanted to see in a business/time/project/account management software program. However, I just wished that they could be in ONE centralized program with the added benefit of being Google-integration friendly. As well as affordable and easy-to-use. PayPanther has really helped me out a lot. I am saving a lot of time that was previously wasted due to double or even triple entries across different platforms. The program synchronizes with Google Calendar which also synchronizes with another calendar management program I use called, Sunrise Calendar. I can also create workflows similar to Gantt Charts, but easier to use, to plan out my projects from conception to execution. And, I can bill via flat rate, task rate, hourly, or project rate.
- What is your favorite thing about PayPanther? My favourite thing about PayPanther, aside from the awesome software, is being able to send an email to my account manager David anytime of the day. When I initially registered for a free trial with PayPanther, David called me up not too long after to see how I was liking the program, and if he could provide me with any assistance. I suggested a few additional things to David that I thought would make the online business management software that more powerful. David appreciated my suggestions and said that he would relay those suggestions to PayPanther’s developers. From the initial follow-up call to the welcomed user feedback, I thought it was an excellent personal touch.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other business owners in your industry? Advice I would offer other business owners in my industry would be something that seems common sense: keep a record of everything. This could be time logs, payments made, invoices issued, and receipts, among other things. PayPanther has an option where you can upload files to a particular activity, task, or project. Also you can email customers/clients their invoices directly. I take advantage of these built-in options every day, because who knows when my having kept a paper trial will come in handy.
Follow Deleone Downes Professional Writing Services: