- Company Name & Slogan: Akiki B.V.
- Mission Statement: “Akiki conquers the world by delivering tangible solutions and contributions to national and international projects”
- Location: Offices in Amsterdam, The Netherlands (HQ) and in Kampala (Uganda).
- What does your company do? Akiki helps companies to run projects by delivering knowledge, capacity, network and / or local presence. We have identified five key tasks: research, identification, implementing, managing and advisory services. This core will be deployed at three levels: project, program and company level, so we operate at the correct level, create broad support and achieve measurable and concrete results.
- How did your company start and how did it grow? Akiki recently started out of one of our previous companies: Twentyfirst. This company has a different focus, and is good at that, but we saw a new and more challenging opportunity (both personal and business wise). We decided to pursue this opportunity; we created a new partnership which includes a lot of knowledge and experience in different fields and at different levels and so Akiki was born. Akiki is an African name, which is best translated as ‘Conqueror of the world’. With Akiki we will conquer the world: we will run internationally oriented (focus on Africa and Latin America) projects, we will establish multiple branches around the world and we will invest in relevant, sustainable and socially responsible projects.
- How did you do things before PayPanther and how has PayPanther helped today? We were used to tracking progress of all our projects in an excel sheet, but that did not work very well. Sending an update e-mail to all partners on a weekly basis did not work out either. We found PayPanther, we have tried it for a couple of days, and we were amazed by the easiness of use and the clear overviews you can create. PayPanther really helps us to stay organised.
- What is your favorite thing about PayPanther? Keeping track of all activities within a project, log your e-mails and call notes to an activity / project.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other business owners in your industry? There are a lot of opportunities in every market and in every situation. If you are able to see these and willing to hold on to them, you are able to reach your goals.