As professionals, we encounter many problems when trying to multi-task. For example, what would you do if you were working on a project and simultaneously had to talk to a customer who was interested in your services? How would you effectively serve that customer and continue working on your unfinished project? Whether you’re an architect, developer, surveyor, contractor, manager, engineer, consultant, designer, or part of a large firm, this is where using a construction project management software comes in handy.
What exactly is Construction Project Management software?
It is a software that will help you optimize your day-to-day operations. It gives you access to all your data, including: expenses, projects, time tracking, contacts, costumers, just to name a few. It also helps with the organization and management of your company; while facilitating control, it gives you the ability to access your projects at anytime from anywhere on any device.
What features should you be looking for?
- Versatility: As we all know in the construction- project management industry we need a software that can work on all of our devices, because we are always on the move. You should find a software that works not only on your computer, but also on your mobile smartphone or tablet and is compatible with both Windows and Mac devices.
- Project Management: You need a way to manage all facets of a project, from tasks, documents, notes, drawing, blueprints, contracts, and more.
- Money Management: You need to know where your money is going and what it is being used for, who owes you money and your upcoming payments.
- Invoicing: Look for a software that can also create and send quotes (proposals, estimates), and invoices. This will streamline your business so you don’t have to use a second software and enter all your customer data twice.
- Contacts: Sounds simple but you always want to have a list of your contacts that has all the basic information such as phone, job title, industry, email, notes, etc… You should also be grouping them into separate lists to stay organized such as Architects, Developers, Contractors, Engineers, etc…
- Checklist:Construction Project Management is always about task completion. What could be more essential than managing your to-do list? Look for an easy to use system that will allow you to create tasks for yourself or let you delegate to your coworkers or subcontractors.
- Time: Time is money, so you will want to manage your time more efficiently. If the software you are looking to does not provide you with a simple time-tracking tool, it is not worth it. If the software is taking up MORE time then it’s saving, it’s time to move on.
- Simplicity: Less is more, when looking for your Construction Project Management Software you always want to go with the minimalist concept, straight to the point, easy to use and aesthetically appealing.
- All inclusive: You should look for a software that has everything bundled into an easy to use all-in-one package that includes contact management, tasks, calendar, scheduling, invoicing, file management, and payments.
Who should be looking for a Construction Project Management Software?
Many professionals should be looking for a Construction Project Management Software. Here is the list of professionals who typically use this software:
- Construction Firms
- Engineering Firms
- Interior Designers
- Green Designers
- Civil Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Electrical Engineers
- Structural Engineers
- Planning Consultants
- Architect Consultant
- Design Consultant
- Industrial Architect
Why should you use a software to manage your customers and projects?
It is crucial for you and your company to stay organized as it will save you time and money. Think about it, what are you going to do when you’re juggling multiple projects and adhering to the needs of more than one customer? You need a Construction Project Management Software to be able to efficiently handle every task; once you start using one, you will never go back to any old-fashion management system.
Try PayPanther today
If you are looking for the perfect Construction Project Management Software, we invite you to take a 30 day unlimited free trial of PayPanther. It has all the features you will ever need built right in (CRM, Invoicing, Payment, Time tracking, Project Management, Versatility). You can also learn more by clicking here to view more features.
PR Director & Content Creator for PayPanther.com